Walking Together: Intensive Family Services is a referral only service that provides support to families with children aged 0-18 years identified through the child protection process.
Walking Together: Intensive Family Services (Walking Together) aims to prevent the imminent separation of children from their primary caregivers due to child protection concerns or to reunify families where separation has already occurred.
Families have been identified through the child protection process and referred to the service by the Department of Human Services.
Walking Together provides a range of integrated services to improve family functioning and skills. This service is delivered intensively over a short period.
Walking Together services provide assessment and case plans for each family that may include:
- Parent education and skill development
- Individual and family counselling
- Specialist counselling for children and young people
- Drug and alcohol counselling
- Domestic and family violence support
- Anger management and behaviour change
- Practical and financial support
- Mediation to help resolve family conflict
- Family group conference
- Brokerage to fund specialist services
- Warm referral to appropriate services
Relationships Australia South Australia, KWY, Bookyana Cultural and Community Services, and UnitingCare Wesley Bowden deliver this service in partnership.
The service is for families with children 0-18 who have been identified through the child protection process and referred by the Department of Human Services.
Walking Together is delivered to families in the City of Charles Sturt, the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and the City of West Torrens.
Free and by referral only.
If you find it difficult to hear or speak, you can contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS). Please phone 133 677.
If you require support in another language, you can use the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) free of charge by:
- Calling us and asking for an interpreter, or
- Calling TIS on 131 450 and asking to be connected to us on (08) 8245 8130
Walking Together is funded by the Government of South Australia.
The Department of Human Services makes all referrals to Walking Together.