Having provided Gambling Help Services since 1995, we support people in making the changes that will help create a brighter and more hopeful future.
Our Gambling Help Service offers assistance to all people who are affected by problem gambling.
Visit the Gambling Help website www.gamblinghelpsa.org.au.
Gambling can become a problem when it consumes more money and time than a person can afford, and begins to affect other aspects of their lives, such as their psychological and emotional well being, relationships with family and friends, finances, work and other leisure activities.
If you are concerned about your own gambling or you are worried about a family member or friend’s gambling, and you are not sure what to do… we can help you.
Gambling: We can help you
- Reflect on your gambling and work out what you want to do
- Develop the strategies to support you to reduce or overcome your gambling
- Work through other issues that may contribute to your gambling
- Regain control of your self and your life.
Relationships: We can help you
- Explore the impact of gambling on your relationship
- Work through these effects in a supportive environment
- Establish the conditions needed to rebuild the relationship.
Finance: We can help you
- Assess your debts
- Cope with your creditors
- Get back in control of your finances.
Education: We can provide
- Client support and information groups – contact us to find out more
- Community seminars/workshops – we can be booked for keynote talks about any aspect of gambling and problem gambling
- Workforce Development for service providers and Nationally Recognised Training are provided by the Australian Institute of Social Relations
- Consumer Voice Program – people affected by problem gambling sharing their unique story, call (08) 8245 8100 – more information can be found below
Peer Support: We can help you
- Connect with someone who has experienced problem gambling
- Demonstrate that recovery is possible
- Offer practical information and support your contact with other agencies.
Phone/Email Intake Service: We can help you
The Gambling Help service provides a dedicated telephone and email intake service staffed by qualified gambling counsellors. Duty counsellors can:
- talk to new clients
- book appointments for therapeutic and financial counselling in all regions
- and answer enquiries from industry partners, other agencies or members of the general public.
For full details download the flyer here: Gambling Help Intake Service
PEACE Multicultural Gambling Help Services
PEACE Multicultural Gambling Help Services addresses problem gambling and related issues within the South Australian culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and refugee populations.
For more information about problem gambling support in South Australia go to: www.problemgambling.sa.gov.au
PEACE Multicultural Services Community Ambassadors Project
The PEACE Community Ambassadors program is a strategy to ensure that CALD communities have access to information and support services related to gambling problems.
The Community Ambassadors are individuals who are well connected with their own communities or have been endorsed by their community leaders or are leaders themselves who are interested in learning about the issue of gambling, how to recognise the problem and its impact on the community. Following the four days training, Community Ambassadors will become a resource for their communities and act as a liaison between service providers and their respective communities. For more information about the project or becoming a Community Ambassador, please see the Ambassador information booklet.
Lived Experience Programs
There are two services:
- Consumer Voice Program and
- The Peer Support Service.
The Lived Experience Program provides supports the provision of a peer worker with lived experience of recovery from problem gambling. Access to peer workers is through your Gambling Help Service counsellor.
The Consumer Voice Program offers personalised training and community education services directed at raising awareness about gambling harm in SA. It does this by the development and sharing of lived experience stories. This is a free service as it is fully funded by the Gambler Rehabilitation Fund.
Personalised training is run throughout the year.
To book a speaker or enquire about training, contact the Consumer Voice Coordinator on (08) 8245 8100.
For more information about the Consumer Voice Program, please visit HERE.
- Outer West (Port Adelaide)
- North (Salisbury)
- North (Elizabeth)
- Riverland (Berri)
- Aldinga Outreach
- Hackham Outreach
- Kingscote Outreach
- Mount Barker Outreach
- Noarlunga Outreach
- Victor Harbour Outreach
- Murraylands Outreach
- Gawler Outreach
- Nuriootpa Outreach
- Barmera Outreach
- Renmark Outreach
- Loxton Outreach
- Waikerie Outreach
- APY Lands Outreach
- City (Frome Street)
Gambling Help Services are provided by Relationships Australia South Australia Ltd and is funded through the Gamblers Rehabilitation Fund, a joint initiative of the Australian Hotels Association (SA Branch), Clubs SA, Adelaide Casino and the Government of South Australia.