Supporting families and children experiencing separation.
Separation and divorce can be among the toughest experiences you will have in life. It is stressful and involves intense feelings and major changes which can be difficult to adjust to. Counselling support during this time can help you adjust to feelings of loss and make changes for the future.
Where children are involved new parenting arrangements need to be worked out. Family Dispute Resolution will assist you to make parenting agreements. Our post separation support services are here to help you develop new positive forms of communication that will support you to develop skills to cope with conflict and differences, and to co-parent your children into the future.
How we can help you
Our post separation support services can help you to:
- Cope with separation and losses
- Develop better communication skills
- Deal with differences and conflict
- Manage life challenges or trauma
We are also trained to respond to specific issues, including:
- Family and domestic violence
- Coping with anger and conflict
- Problem gambling
We can offer you
- Face to face appointments, or
- Telephone counselling – for those unable to attend a city site or who live in rural or remote communities
Child Focussed Information Session – Online
We encourage all mediation participants to view our online Child Focussed Information Session Videos
- Outer West (Port Adelaide)
- South (Marion)
- North East (Ridgehaven)
- North (Salisbury)
- North (Elizabeth)
- Riverland (Berri)
- City (Frome Street)
This service is subsidised by the Commonwealth Government, Department of Social Services. For some services there is no cost. Where a fee applies it is determined according to household income and includes concession rates. Fees can be negotiated or waived.
- FDR (Brochure)
- FDR - Berri (Brochure)
- Women and Separation (Booklet)
- Men and Separation (Booklet)
- Migrant Men and Separation - English (Booklet)
- Migrant Men and Separation - Arabic (Booklet)
- Migrant Men and Separation - Vietnamese (Booklet)
- Parenting Plan 'Share the Care' (Booklet)
- Parenting Plan Checklist
- What About the Children (Booklet)
- A Fair Share (Booklet)
Family Dispute Resolution is provided by Relationships Australia SA and funded by the Australian Government under the Family Support Program.