We work in partnership with parents and caregivers to promote family strengths and connections, and build confidence in nurturing their children’s development and wellbeing.
We provide opportunities to build stronger connections with family, friends, and the community.
What we offer:
- Fun therapeutic groups for parents and children that build your confidence and skills in parenting.
- Programs and courses that provide information about attachment and child development, practical parenting strategies and a space to share your parenting stories.
- Support for parents and caregivers to help their children when starting school.
- Support for parents and caregivers in learning how to help their children’s social-emotional development.
- Family Case Work information, assessment and referral support tailored to you and your family’s needs in coping with tough times.
- School holiday programs.
- Parents and caregivers to children under 12.
Families who reside in:
- Adelaide Inner North: (Enfield, Clearview, Broadview, Blair Athol, Kilburn, Gepps Cross).
- Adelaide West: (Outer Harbor, North Haven, Osborne, Taperoo, Largs North, Largs Bay, Peterhead, Birkenhead, Exeter, Semaphore, Glanville, New Port, Ethelton, Semaphore south).
- Riverland: (Berri, Barmera, Renmark, Loxton).
Making a Referral or Enquiry:
Please direct any referrals or enquiries to our friendly CaPS team.
Port Adelaide Office
8 Butler Street, Port Adelaide, SA 5015
Phone: (08) 8340 2022
Fax: (08) 8241 5236
9 Kay Ave, Berri
Phone: (08) 8582 4122
Fax: (08) 8582 4152
There is no cost for the program.
The Children and Parenting Support (CaPS) team has developed a new tool to help facilitate a conversation about strengthening the emotional connection between parents/carers and their children.
‘Let’s Connect’ is a free, accessible, and mobile-friendly online game for parents/carers of children.
This game invites parents and carers to reflect on their own experiences and responses. It asks them to consider the emotional needs that children communicate through their behaviours. It encourages them to invest in connecting emotionally with them.
It has been designed to help parents and carers:
- Understand ‘big behaviours’ in children
- Consider what is important to foster healthy relationships between parents/caregivers and children.
- Check-in with their own emotions to build and maintain the emotional connections between parents/caregivers and children.
‘Let’s Connect’ is a series of relatable scenarios where the players decide how best to respond. These scenarios are based on the behaviours children use to communicate their needs.
This game can be used in sessions to guide a conversation about their experiences in similar situations.
Children and Parenting Support is provided by Relationships Australia SA Ltd and is funded by the Government Department of Social Services. Visit www.dss.gov.au for more information.
Use this form to enquire about our services.