The Children and Parenting Support (CaPS) team walks alongside parents and caregivers on their journey in raising healthy children, and provides opportunities to build stronger connections to their family, friends and community.
The CaPS team works in partnership with parents and caregivers to promote family strengths and connectedness, and to build confidence in nurturing their children’s development and wellbeing.
What we offer:
- ‘Drop in’ Support Groups which are all about having fun with your child and learning about their development.
- Programs and courses that provide information about attachment and child development, practical parenting strategies that are fun and interactive and a space to share your parenting stories.
- School readiness and social-emotional wellbeing groups for children
- Family Case Work, information, assessment and referral support tailored to you and your family’s needs in coping with tough times.
We offer outreach support so that families are able to access our services in an environment that is accessible, comfortable and safe.
We respect and welcome diversity and we care about your cultural beliefs.
Our organisation respects you and your child’s right to a safe and confidential service, and we will discuss our confidentiality processes in detail with you.
- Parents and caregivers to children under 12.
- Living in the following areas: Blair Athol, Enfield, the Le Fevre Peninsula (from Outer Harbour/North Haven to Largs Bay-Semaphore), Berri, Barmera, Renmark, Loxton
Making a Referral or Enquiry:
Please direct any referrals or enquiries to our friendly CaPS team:
Port Adelaide Office
8 Butler Street, Port Adelaide, SA, 5015
Phone: (08) 8340 2022
Fax: (08) 8241 5236
9 Kay Ave, Berri
Phone: (08) 8582 4122
Fax: (08) 8582 4152
There is no cost for the program.
Children and Parenting Support Service is provided by Relationships Australia South Australia Ltd and is funded by the Department of Social Services.