Post Care Support Service provides information, advocacy, case management and counselling to support people who have lived in out-of-home care and/or placed under the Guardianship of the Minister in South Australia as a child for more than six months. This is a free and confidential service.
Contact Post Care Support Services on 1800 188 118
Who Can Access Post Care Support Services (PCSS)?
The following questions will help you determine if PCSS is the right service for you:
- Were you ever registered as a ‘Ward of the State’?
- Have you ever been placed under the ‘Guardianship of the Minister’?
- Were you placed in care under a care and protection or secure custody order?
- Have you ever lived in foster care?
- Have you ever lived in institutional care?
- Have you ever lived in a children’s home?
- Did you ever live in an orphanage?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions and would like support, please call 1800 188 118 (freecall).
Visit our Elm Place website for more information.
Our Post Care Support Service is located at Elm Place.
191 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Elm Place offers a drop-in area – a safe place where you can relax, meet other people, access a computer or just read the paper.
Our Drop-in service is open Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm
Phone: 1800 188 118
Post Care Services is provided by Relationships Australia South Australia Health Promotion Services and funded by the Government of South Australia Department for Child Protection.