MOSAIC Blood Borne Support Services focus on the health and emotional wellbeing of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and blood borne viruses.
We can help you in a number of different ways:
- Assist you to respond to the challenges of living with HIV or hepatitis
- Assist you to bring about desired change in your life, lifestyle or relationships
- Help you identify your strengths and resources
- Support you to explore new ways of responding to life and its challenges.
HIV and hepatitis support programs
We provide free and confidential counselling, case management support, advocacy and problem solving support, as well as information and referrals to relevant community or health services, to people affected by HIV/AIDS or hepatitis. This includes children, adolescents, women and men who are diagnosed with, or at risk of, HIV or hepatitis, and their family, friends and carers.
Some of the issues people may discuss includes:
- Recent diagnosis
- Treatment issues
- The impact of living with a chronic illness
- Feelings of depression, anxiety, panic, anger
- Grief and loss
- Effects of discrimination and prejudice
- Relationship and family issues
- Alcohol and substance use
- Anything that is having an impact on your health and wellbeing.
Chronic diseases self management course
Our six week course can help you to:
- Learn how to get the most out of life
- Maximise your wellbeing
- Receive support from others living with HIV or hepatitis
You will come away from the course with increased confidence and skills in self managing your HIV and/or hepatitis. You will get new ideas and support on developing a range of personal care strategies that assist you to get the most out of life.
Examples of topics covered during the course include:
- Symptom management
- Healthy eating and exercise
- Dealing with depression
- Staying on treatments
- Handling stress
- Frustration and fatigue
- Doctor-patient relationships.
Please contact us for details of when the next course will be held.
- MOSAIC HIV Support Services
- MOSAIC Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C Support Services
- PEP, PrEP and ART medications. What are they?
MOSAIC is provided by Relationships Australia Health Promotion Services and SA Health has contributed funds towards this Program.