Providing assistance and support for people who are engaging with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Royal Commission community based Support Service provides assistance and support for people who are engaging with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Support is also available to family members and/or employees of institutions or organisations where abuse occurred. Institutions can be churches, schools, disability care providers, Scouts, institutional care facilities etc.
Royal Commission Support Services offers the following:
- Support and information in how to tell your story to the Royal Commission
- Face to face and telephone counselling
- information about what to expect from the enquiry process
- Referrals to the Royal Commission and other agencies
- Support through legal processes
- Pre and post support when giving evidence.
For more information about the Royal Commission, view our Frequently Asked Questions.
Our service understands that your culture and language are important to you. Your privacy and safety will always be respected. Making the decision to speak to the Enquiry can be difficult. Having a voice can make a difference.
Telephone Freecall 1800 998 187 or visit the Elm Place website.
For more detail go to Child Abuse Royal Commission website or Freecall 1800 099 340.
Royal Commission Support Services is a free and confidential service.
- Royal Commission Support Services (Brochure)
- Royal Commission Support Services for Aboriginal People (Brochure)
- Royal Commission Interim Report - Volume 1
- Royal Commission Interim Report - Volume 2
Royal Commission Support Services is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.