ASK PEACE is a virtual mental health service for people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds living in South Australia who have been impacted by COVID-19.
ASK PEACE can help you
Call ASK PEACE (08) 8245 8110 – Mon to Fri from 9.00am to 5.00pm or fill in the service enquiry form below.
How can you seek help when you do not speak English?
There are several ways we can get an interpreter on the line to help us understand your issues and concerns.
Fill in the service enquiry form below and we will call you back.
- Call ASK PEACE on (08) 8245 8110
- Tell us the language you speak and your phone number
- You can either stay on the line while we get the interpreter connected, or we can call you back on the number you provided
- Once the interpreter is on the line (sometimes this can take longer than you expect) you can speak to us in your own language
- If you call outside of business hours, please leave a message with your name, phone number and preferred language and we will call you when we are back in the office.
Ask your current service provider to make a referral to us and indicate that an interpreter is needed.
Call us with the help of your trusted family member or friend to book a session with an interpreter at a suitable day and time.
How can you get help if you live outside the Adelaide metropolitan area?
Refer your client to ASK PEACE
The ASK PEACE team works collaboratively with a network of services that have been established by SA Health to address the needs of people dealing with the many challenges presented during the COVID-19 situation.
Our role is to assist in meeting the needs of people who come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, who have been negatively impacted by the current situation.
Client appointments can be booked outside business hours to best suit their needs.
- Accept self-referrals and referrals from other government, non-government and community-based services
- Provide therapeutic work, case work, information, advocacy and referral services
- Are all senior practitioners who come from diverse background
- Speak many languages other than English and have access to certified interpreters
- Provide cultural consultancy support for service providers to assist in meeting the needs of the individual clients and their families
- Provide and/or support community education initiatives.
Or, alternatively fill in the online referral form HERE.
All of South Australia
There is not cost for the service.
- Client information sheet
- For service providers information sheet
- Client referral form for service providers
SA Health has contributed funds to this service.