Do you need some ideas to pass the time in the school holidays? We have you covered.
Want some school holiday programs, groups, events and activities? Check your local council’s website:
- Adelaide City
- Charles Sturt
- Port Adelaide and Enfield
- Mount Barker
Can’t find anything in your local council? You could try visiting the Art Gallery of South Australia, the South Australian Museum and the Botanic Gardens. You could also try visiting Kids in Adelaide for some ideas.
If you want to get out and involved with nature, there are many beautiful parks close to Adelaide. Here’s a list of some within an hour’s drive of the CBD:
- Shepards Hill Recreation Park is great for a walk or a bike ride. It’s 25 minutes (drive) south of Adelaide CBD.
- Hallet Cove Conservation Park has nice boardwalks, rocky cliffs and views of the waves. It’s 35 minutes (drive) south of Adelaide CBD.
- Belair National Park has great bike tracks and beautiful bushwalking trails. It’s 20 minutes (drive) south from Adelaide CBD, or you can catch the train to Belair Railway Station. Note: there is a parking fee ($12.00 full price, $9.50 concession) to drive into the national park, however, there is the option to park before the gates and walk-in.
- Morialta Conservation Park has beautiful waterfalls, giant rocky cliffs and a range of walks and hikes to do. It’s 25 minutes (drive) east of Adelaide CBD.
- Onkaparinga River National Park has a gorge with plenty of swimming holes for the brave and walking for fit people. It’s 45 minutes (drive) south of Adelaide CBD.