Royal Commission Frequently Asked Questions

The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse can be confronting and confusing for those affected. To help you better understand the process, our Royal Commission Support Services has developed some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

The FAQs cover a range of questions relating to the Royal Commission, legal questions, and information about where to access support services, including:

  • What happens if I contact the Royal Commission but the Royal Commission determines that my information is outside the Terms of Reference?
  • Does the Royal Commission have the power to prosecute offenders?
  • Will the Royal Commission grant compensation to survivors?
  • What support is available to people affected by the Royal Commission?
  • Why should I tell my story to the Royal Commission? I feel like it won’t change anything.
  • How can I tell my story to the Royal Commission?
  • I have given evidence at a previous inquiry (e.g. the Mullighan Inquiry). Can I still share my story at the Royal Commission?
  • Where can I go if I have any legal questions or concerns?

Click here to view the full list of FAQs and answers.

For more information about available support services, see our Royal Commission Support Services or contact us on 1800 998 187.