PEACE Multicultural Services is currently recruiting volunteers to join our volunteer program.
PEACE (Personal Education And Community Empowerment) Multicultural Services supports and assists individuals, families and communities from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to lead balanced and healthy lives. PEACE supports people from multicultural backgrounds to increase awareness of problem gambling, HIV, sexually transmissible infections, viral hepatitis and related issues. PEACE offers information, education, advocacy, referral and support for individuals, families and their communities. Clients can receive support in their own language and can also be connected to other services as needed.
PEACE values its volunteers, their contributions and commitment to making a positive difference to the community. We aim to provide our volunteers with a warm, friendly and professional working environment, and educational and learning opportunities.
As a volunteer you will enjoy many benefits including:
- Free training and professional development courses
- Ongoing mentoring and support from PEACE staff members
- Preparation for employment in the community services sector
- Hands on work experience
- Opportunities for developing and carrying out community projects with the support and assistance of PEACE staff members
- Experience in working with clients
- Working in a supportive environment with people who share a mutual passion for social justice and equity
- Experience engaging with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Access to educational resources
For more information and to apply for our volunteer program download the PEACE Volunteer Information Booklet.