The Relationships Australia SA Elder Relationship Services is a new counselling and mediation service to support families who need help negotiating complex issues related to ageing. The service will be run as a twelve month trial from 1 January 2016.
The Elder Relationship Service can assist older people and their families to:
- prevent or resolve family conflict;
- have difficult conversations;
- plan for the future, including medical, health, financial or living arrangements;
- talk about end of life decisions, including inheritances;
- resolve differences in ways that improve their relationships; and
- make decisions that protect the interests, rights and safety of their families.