Apology Day 2019
Today at the Apology Breakfast, information about the Independent Assessor Report on the Stolen Generations Reparations Scheme was shared. The report provides information on the scheme, as well as key messages emerging from personal stories shared by applicants. It does not reveal the names of any applicants.
As a result of the unspent funds from Stolen Generations Community Reparations Fund, the Premier announced on 12 February 2019 that these funds would be redirected to the Individual Reparations Scheme, enabling an additional payment of $10,000 to be paid to those eligible under the scheme. The Individual Reparations Scheme is no longer accepting applications.
The second ex gratia payment of $10,000 will be made in February or March 2019. The government will be writing to eligible persons shortly, however if you have changed postal addresses since early 2018 then please contact Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation using the details provided below.
For counselling and support, please visit the following organisations:
• Elm Place at Relationships Australia SA Phone 1800 188 118
• Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Agency, Nunkuwarrin Yunti of South Australia Phone 08 8406 1600
• Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement Phone 1800 643 222, Email email@example.com
Watto Purrunna Aboriginal Primary Health Care Service:
• Muna Paiendi, corner Mark and Oldham Roads, Elizabeth Vale SA 5112 Phone 08 8182 9206
• Maringga Turtpandi, GP Plus Super Clinic, 1 Gilles Crescent, Hillcrest SA 5086 Phone 08 7425 8900
• Wonggangga Turtpandi, corner Church and Dale Street, Port Adelaide SA 5015 Phone 08 9240 9611
• Kanggawodli, 16-22 Clements Street, Dudley Park SA 2250 Phone 08 8342 2250
Below are some photos from the breakfast!