Australia’s only free, private and confidential, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25 years.
Youth Beyond Blue
Mental health website for young people with many resources.
National Mental Health Youth Foundation for 12 – 25 year olds. Contains information as well as details of your nearest Headspace centre.
Website for teens, containing information and resources for a wide range of problems teenagers face.
Chatfirst for Teens
Website developed in South Australia for teens from separated families.
Child Support Agency – Family Separation: A Guide for Teens
Developed in consultation with teenagers, parents and CSA stakeholders, this guide helps teenagers cope with family separation and change.
Crisis, suicide and mental health support.
Teens Guide to Separation and Divorce
This is a Canadian website but has useful information for all teens experiencing parental separation.
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Love and Other Four-Letter Words by Carolyn Mackler
- How to Build A House by Dana Reinhardt
- The Last Exit to Normal by Michael Harmon
- Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti
- A Friend at Midnight by Caroline B Cooney
- The Divorce Express by Paula Danziger
- How I Saved My Father’s Life (And Ruined Everything Else) by Ann Hood
- Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger
- The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾ by Sue Townsend
- The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend
- The Latent Powers of Dylan Fontaine by April Lurie
- Notes on a Near – Life Experience by Olivia Birdsall
- Dear George Clooney, Please Marry My Mom by Susin Nielsen
- The Family Tree by Sandra Lee Churchill
- Dough Boy by Peter Marino
- Mixed – Up Doubles by Elena Yates Eulo
- Tune In Anytime by Caroline B Cooney
- Seventeen by Per Nilsson
- Sometimes I Think I Hear My Name by Avi Wortis
- Nobody’s There by Joan Lowery Nixon
- Night Hoops by Carl Deuker
- A Mirror Image by Pat Springer
- Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman
- Child X by Lee Weatherly
- What Erika Wants by Bruce Clements
- Losing Louisa by Judith Caseley
- Beans on Toast by Shelley Hrdlitshcka
- The Divorced Kids Club: And Other Stories by WDD Valgardson
- The Day My Mother Left by James Prosek
- Separate Sisters by Nancy Springer
- Dad is Leaving Home: David/Judy by Michael Dumond
Movies featuring the theme of family separation