Best For Kids
Family law information for children up to 12 years of age.
Information and coping strategies for children whose parents have separated or divorced.
Provides phone, web and email counselling, information and resources for children and young people.
Family Law Court: Information for Children
Material for children to help answer questions regarding child dispute services, separation and divorce.
Department of Justice
Information for kids on separation and divorce and what happens next.
Child Support Agency Youth
Books, games and activities for children experiencing separation includes a game: A kid’s guide to changing families (8 – 12 year olds).
This animated, highly interactive website is designed to help kids experiencing parental divorce or separation. The virtual world of “Changeville” provides a range of information and activities for children to explore. This exploration takes place through the use of a personally created avatar that walks through Changeville to visit the Park, Legal Street, Break Up Street and The Mall. The website is targeted to children ages 6 to 12 and it can be explored alone, or with one or both parents.
- The Huge Bag of Worries by Virginia Ironside
- 7 Strategies To Promote Emotional Intelligence In The Classroom by Marziyah Panju
- The Family Book/The Feel Good Book/It’s Okay To Be Different by Todd Parr
- Two Homes by Claire Masurel
- Something’s Wrong At My House by Diane Davis
- It’s Just Different Now by Linda Espie
- I Feel Angry/I Feel Sad/I’m Worried by Brian Moses
- The Way I Feel by Janan Cane
- My Many Colored Days by Dr Seuss
- Whoever You Are by Mem Fox
- Scared by Nuria Roca
- Silly Billy by Anthony Browne
- Round Fish Square Bowl by Tom Skinner
- How Are You Peeling? Food With Moods by Joost Elffers
- Sometimes I Feel… by Dr Samantha Seymour
- Indigo Dreaming by Amy Hamilton
- Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae & Guy Parker Rees
- The Deep by Tim Winton
- Pog by Lyn Lee & Kim Gamble
- Friends by Kathryn Cave & Nick Maland
- My Dad by Anthony Browne
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
- Gordon’s Got A Snookie by Dr Lisa Shanahan
- I’m Worried By Brian Moses
- Relax By Catherine O’Neil
- Who Am I: Yoga for Children of All Ages By Jane Lee Wiesner
- The Affirmation Garden By Amy Hamilton
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go by Dr Suess
- The Red Tree By Shaun Tan