- This event has passed.
Women Managing Anger: In their world and relationships
July 18, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 29, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Getting angry is normal and healthy, but acting with anger can damage relationships. This group program is to help women explore and understand their emotions including anger,
in a supportive and caring environment.
You will be given the opportunity to explore and understand the impact of anger on self, your relationships and your loved ones, including children. The origins of anger and how to manage your anger in healthy and appropriate ways will be explored. We will take a look at society’s messages and influences on women’s beliefs and develop communication skills to support women in the process of change.
• Understanding anger and its impact on self, relationships and families.
• Focus on feelings that sometimes sit underneath
• Understanding childhood experiences in the family you grew up in, and how they impact on current relationships.
• Learn to respond and not react to stressful triggers and other people’s anger.
• Exploring the messages we have taken in from society and how they impact on our roles and emotions.
• The negative messages we give ourselves and modify our self-talk.
• The challenge of change and how to maintain it.
• Reflection and evaluation of your own growth and the benefit of the course.
Tuesdays, 18 July to 29 August 2017 (7 weeks)
10.00 am – 12.30 pm
An assessment may be required before participating.
To book call Relationships Australia SA, Elizabeth on 08 8255 3323.