Making step families work
May 2 @ 6:00 pm - June 6 @ 8:30 pm
Making step families work can be complex. Couples with children from previous relationships may need to develop strategies around communication, discipline, and on handling competing demands that are different from traditional families. This course can help.The six-week course covers:
- The differences and uniqueness inherent in step families.
- The need to let go of the past in order to devise mutual expectations
- Strategies for improving communication.
- Roles and challenges within the step family, including biological and step-parent roles.
- The experience of children and how they cope in step families.
- Strategies for nurturing the couple bond and development of conflict resolution skills.
- Charting of step family stages and the building of new step family traditions.
Cost$80 per person or $130 per couple (concession rates $50 per person or $100 per couple)
Places are limited and registration is essential. An assessment may be required before articipating. To book, call Relationships Australia SA, Elizabeth on 8255 3323