Strategic Plan 2016 – 2021
Our belief in the transformative power of human relationships lies at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in a just and equitable society in which relationships are respectful, diversity is valued and people have a sense of belonging and an opportunity to learn.
We help people to create positive relationships that build wellbeing and resilience.
- We aim to build positive and healthy relationships.
- We aim to support recovery from the impact of adverse experiences, at any stage in life.
- We aim to build social cohesion through promoting cultural respect and strengthening community resilience.
Our Theory of Change
RASA services are based on an understanding of the social determinants of health and operate within a public health framework. Our services are designed to reduce risks to individual and family safety and strengthen protective factors, enabling improved wellbeing and social cohesion.
Our services support change by:
- Developing people’s personal skills to conduct positive individual, family and community relationships and improve health and wellbeing;
- Creating supportive environments that encourage individuals and communities to address conflicts and solve problems;
- Strengthening community action using education that enables the wisdom gained from lived experience to positively impact individual and community wellbeing;
- Delivering collaborative services that build genuine multidisciplinary networks and ensure coordinated service delivery; and
- Contributing to the development of public policy and service initiatives that are evidence-informed and client-focused.
To read more about our Strategic Plan 2016 – 2021 click here:
- Strategic Goal 1: Improve Individual, Family & Community Wellbeing
- Strategic Goal 2: Educate for the Future
- Strategic Goal 3: Enable a Thriving Workplace and Culture
- Strategic Goal 4: Strengthen Organisational Capacity
- Strategic Goal 5: Contribute to a Better World
Acknowledgement of Country
Relationships Australia South Australia acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians; their spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual and economic connection to the Land and Seas, and we apologise for the atrocities that have been perpetrated on them and their ancestors. We recognise the continued impact of this trauma on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians today.
We are committed to an ongoing process of reconciliation and will actively engage in redressing inequitable distributions of the physical, spiritual and political economy, in regards to Australian Indigenous issues.