Our agency exists to make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable people in our society
Our reason for being
We are a not for profit, secular, community organisation whose objective is to relieve the suffering, distress and helplessness of vulnerable and disadvantaged people, so as to enhance their physical, social and emotional wellbeing.
We do this by:
- providing family and relationship services which alleviate the suffering of children, adults and families with high levels of distress and complex needs, and in particular reducing distress, suffering and helplessness caused by domestic violence, child abuse, trauma and dislocation;
- providing services to people who are living in poverty, who are suffering from social isolation, or who lack financial resources;
- assisting people in situations of misfortune or helplessness to cope and to develop skills to become more self-reliant and resilient;
- providing assistance, support and treatment for people living with disabilities and/or illnesses including those with:
- blood borne viruses and other communicable diseases;
- drug, alcohol and gambling addictions;
- adult mental health conditions such as depression, suicide risk and trauma related conditions;
- child mental health conditions such as autism, depression, behaviour disorders and trauma related conditions; and
- providing other services which assist us to meet these objectives.