PEACE (Personal Education And Community Empowerment) supports and assists individuals, families and communities from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to lead balanced and healthy lives.
Who is PEACE?
Community educators are trained to assist people in their community by providing support, information and referrals to individuals, families and community groups. Community educators also work with other service providers to ensure that your rights to receive quality service are fulfilled.
Our counsellors understand the impact that gambling can have on people from multicultural communities.
They can help you to establish your goals and identify the pathways to achieve them. You can work with a counsellor of your choice, with or without the support of a community educator.
Community education project officers
Our community education project officers assist in the development and implementation of our community education programs.
We particularly focus on helping people with issues relating to:
- Problem gambling
We can offer you:
- A free and confidential service
- Individual short or long-term support from a worker who is experienced in helping people with gambling, HIV or hepatitis issues
- Information and support for people who are concerned for a family member or friend
- The flexibility to meet at a time and location that is convenient for you
- Group and community education programs.
PEACE Multicultural Services Community Ambassadors Project
The PEACE Community Ambassadors program is a strategy to ensure that CALD communities have access to information and support services related to gambling problems.
The Community Ambassadors are individuals who are well connected with their own communities or have been endorsed by their community leaders or are leaders themselves who are interested in learning about the issue of gambling, how to recognise the problem and its impact on the community. Following the 4 days training, Community Ambassadors will become a resource for their communities and act as a liaison between service providers and their respective communities. For more information about the project or becoming a Community Ambassador, please see the Ambassador information booklet.
View our PEACE newsletter to see accomplishments within the multicultural community.
- PEACE (Brochure)
- PEACE - Referral Information (Brochure)
- PEACE - Let's talk about gambling (Brochure)
- PEACE - Let's talk about hepatitis (Brochure)
- PEACE - Let's talk about HIV/AIDS (Brochure)
- PEACE - Travel Safe (Booklet)
- PEACE - Information for Service Providers (Booklet)
- PEACE - Gambling Help
- Ambassador Information Booklet 2016
PEACE Multicultural HIV and Hepatitis C Services is provided by Relationships Australia South Australia and SA Health has contributed funds towards this Program.
PEACE Multicultural Gambling Help Service is provided by Relationships Australia South Australia and funded by funded by the Gamblers Rehabilitation Fund, a joint initiative of the Australian Hotels Association (SA Branch), Clubs SA, Adelaide Casino and the Government of South Australia.