- This event has passed.
Dads moving towards responsibility group – Christies Beach
This group is for men seeking respectful ways to relate to their intimate partner and children.
This interactive group program respectfully challenges men to face up and take responsibility for unacceptable behaviour and attitudes. Significant time is given to the development of skills to stop the abuse and violence toward their women and partners and/or ex-partners and their children.
Parents will have the opportunity to:
- Accept full responsibility for their behaviour
- Examine their knowledge and beliefs especially in regard to their partners and her right to emotional and physical safety
- Explore patterns and methods of using violence and abuse
- Learn to relate to their partners and children respectfully rather than resorting to tactics of power and control
- Create a safe environment for women and children
This group runs on Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8.30pm at Anglicare SA, 11 Beach Road, Christies Beach.
This is a collaborative partnership between Anglicare SA, Southern Community Justice Centre and Relationships Australia SA.
CostThis is free service
For an assessment appointment, referrals or other information please call George, Shirley or Nicky or (08) 8186 8900.