The Institute offers specially tailored long-term workforce development programs for individual organisations, government departments and schools.
Two examples of our tailored programs include:
- Creating a Learning Guide for working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people
- Working with small organisations in Cert IV in Disability Work.
The Institute also schedules a number of short training workshops each year. These are typically one, two or four day courses and many of them can be offered over weekends. Training can be delivered at the work site or at the Institute in Hindmarsh. The following programs, or any combination of them, can be adapted to meet the needs of the workplace.
More information about these and more courses can be found in the Relationships Australia (SA) Course Brochure.
Customised learning resources
The Institute also has the capability to create customised learning resources in any of the following areas: mental health, counselling, childhood sexual abuse, gambling rehabilitation, working with multicultural communities, working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities, hepatitis C and HIV, relationship education, mediation.
Resources the Institute has created include:
- square - a resource for professional who work with people at risk of suicide
- Taking Care With Culture – a guide for Home & Community Care services working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people
- Point of Contact – a training resource for responding to children and domestic violence.
To make inquiries for your organisation please contact the Institute on (08) 8245 8100.