The Australian Institute of Social Relations is a division of Relationships Australia (SA). We work in partnership with you to ensure that our education and training is tailored specifically for your context. We work with your strengths and we are committed to excellence in service delivery-both for you and your clients.
The Institute offers a unique array of services including: nationally recognised qualifications and competencies, non-accredited learning programs, one off workshops, consultancy services, workforce development activities aligned to induction or appraisal programs and adult and community education.
Our uniqueness as an education and training provider comes from three distinctive features of our philosophy and methodology:
- We work in partnership with agencies and individuals to ensure that our education and training is responsive to their environment and will result in the development of skills that can be applied for excellent service delivery within real job contexts.
- We are flexible – we can offer individual 'modules' or combinations of nationally recognised competencies; full Certificates or Diplomas; customised, long-term workforce development programs; and other types of training depending on need. our delivery methods include mentoring or workshops at work sites, on-line, in communities, or at the Institute’s Hindmarsh premises.
- We acknowledge workers’ demonstrable skills through the awarding of nationally recognised qualifications, and believe that accreditation is very important. At the same time, we also place great emphasis on looking beyond simply awarding qualifications to the goal of improving outcomes for community service clients.
Skills for All
Skills for All is a South Australian government initiative that gives students the opportunity to study courses at low or no cost through a training provider of choice. The Australian Institute of Social Relations is a Skills for All provider.
Skills for All courses provided by the Institute are in the process of being finalised, to register interest in Skills for All courses at the Australian Institute of Social Relations please register your interest here.
For more information and to confirm your eligibility use the Skills for All eligibility calculator at www.skills.sa.gov.au.
Customised education, nationally recognised and other training, workforce development, and the development and production of learning resource.
We specialise in:
- Counselling and Group Work
- Youth Work
- Adult and Community Education
- Assessment and Workplace Training
- Domestic Violence Training
- Cultural Awareness Training
- Community Work
- Training for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander groups and agencies
- Training for culturally and linguistically diverse groups and agencies
- HIV & HCV Workforce Development
- Responding to Challenging Behaviours
- Mental Health First Aid, suicide prevention and other non-clinical mental health training
- Youth Residential Care
- Communication and team skills for the workplace
- Gambling Help Services' worker training.
Our work involves contributing to the development of relationships which are respectful and fulfilling:
- At home
- At work
- In the community
- Between communities.