Sharing Lived Experience of Gambling Harm
The Consumer Voice Program offers personalised training and community education services directed at raising awareness about gambling harm in SA. It does this by the development and sharing of lived experience stories.
Consumer Voice Personalised Training
Contact us to find out when the next Consumer Voice training starts.
Consumer Voice provides personalised training for people who have overcome harmful gambling. It supports individuals to turn their experiences into unique stories of recovery. It will:
- Help strengthen recovery from harmful gambling
- Connect you with others who have faced similar challenges
- Support renewed life directions
- Build self-confidence and help overcome shame and stigma
- Support you to tell you story to select audiences if you choose to do that.
This training has made such a difference to my confidence for a better future. – Consumer Voice trainee
I had never talked to anyone other than my counsellor, now I know I am not the only one who has suffered in silence. – Consumer Voice trainee
Find out more today. Call Diana O’Neil on (08) 8245 8100 or email d.o’firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Voice Community Education Work
Consumer Voice Program supports community education about gambling harm.
We have Consumer Voice team members who have been trained and are ready to share their lived experience stories in the community to:
- raise awareness of the impact of harmful gambling on individuals, families and communities
- overcome the stigma and silence about harmful gambling
- encourage help seeking for those affected
- inspire hope through examples of recovery.
The sharing of real lived experience stories is such a powerful way of helping the community to understand harmful gambling and pathways to recovery – Gambling Help Counsellor
If I helped just one person by sharing my story then that is so worthwhile …..and I know it has. – Consumer Voice team member
A free service
There is no cost associated with doing the training or booking a speaker as it is fully funded by the Gamblers Rehabilitation Fund.
To book a speaker or enquire about training contact the Consumer Voice Coordinator at Relationships Australia SA on (08) 8245 810
Consumer Voice Program is provided by Relationships Australia South Australia Ltd and is funded through the Gamblers Rehabilitation Fund, a joint initiative of the Australian Hotels Association (SA Branch), Clubs SA, Adelaide Casino and the Government of South Australia.