Empowering people to improve their health and wellbeing
Our reason for being
Relationships Australia South Australia was formed in 2006 as a specialist, not-for-profit, charitable organisation which focuses on improving health and wellbeing.
Our purpose is:
- To advance the health of all South Australians through the prevention, control and treatment of diseases and ailments
- To facilitate the prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of communicable diseases, drug, alcohol and gambling addictions, mental illness, and mental health conditions such as depression and suicide
- To provide prevention programs to reduce the incidence of diseases and ailments
- To provide or contribute to relief from poverty, sickness, distress, suffering, misfortune or helplessness of all South Australians living with diseases and ailments through the provision of treatment services
- To improve health care and early diagnosis through the provision of professional education, referral information and the collaborative delivery of services
- To provide services for the public benefit without discrimination
- To take initiatives and make representation in matters of social and family policy relevant to our work
- To undertake any other objectives or activities, which may from time to time, deem consistent with the above objectives and purposes.